Communications Coordinator: Part Time Job Description
You are a detail-oriented, flexible person who is skilled with drafting and executing a communications strategy. You are a great communicator, skilled at balancing different projects and deadlines. You are a bilingual Spanish speaker and passionate about immigrant rights.
Founded in 2006 as the “Oregon New Sanctuary Movement,” the Interfaith Movement for Immigrant Justice (IMIrJ) is an organization made up of diverse faith communities, faith leaders, and individuals from across the state of Oregon working together to respond actively, publicly, and bravely to the increasing oppression inflicted upon immigrant members of our communities. We work as advocates, accompaniers, and organizers to take radical action for the transformation of power, providing unique opportunities to provoke change. We are a growing organization approaching our work with flexibility and creativity.
IMIrJ is seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator to develop and execute a communications strategy. The Communications Coordinator will play a critical role in the development of the organization. While this position will report directly to the Executive Director, it will work closely with all IMIrJ staff.
Our future Communications Coordinator will lead the following key activities:
● Plan and execute a communications strategy for IMIrJ that effectively reflects and supports IMIrJ’s values and work
● Provide writing and design support for all IMIrJ communications as needed
● Create and manage social media and mailchimp listserv
● Help develop IMIrJ resources and materials
● Create and manage tracking mechanisms to evaluate a successful communications
● Connect with strategic and diverse organizations to build partnerships in our
communications strategy as needed
● Develop, train IMIrJ leaders to speak on behalf of IMIrJ to new congregations or
● Collaborate with IMIrJ leadership to present a cohesive message to the public in all
areas of communication and across the organization
● Assist in developing and maintaining a new website for IMIrJ
● Attend weekly staff meetings and staff retreats
Our future Communications Coordinator will need to have the following skills and characteristics:
● Have a passionate commitment to immigrant justice!
● Be fluent in Spanish and English.
● Have an understanding of, and appreciation for, faith communities and faith-based
● Proven ability to plan and execute a communications strategy.
● Have experience working with social media and online communications platforms.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position totalling 20 hours/week. Compensation $20/hour. Prorated vacation time and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter indicating your experience and interest in the position, your resume, and two references to email@example.com noting “IMIrJ Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
We will begin reviewing applications on July 24th. The position will remain open until filled.
IMIrJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a commitment to diversity in the workplace. People of color and of all genders are strongly encouraged to apply.